Last month, the Pendleton School District focused on attendance. The district-wide goal for attendance is 94%, while Sherwood Heights Elementary currently has a 95% rate.
According to Lisa Roberts, Child Development Specialist at Sherwood:
We are doing several things at Sherwood Elementary to encourage good attendance.
- We sent home an Attendance Tracker Sheet at the beginning of the year, for families to use at home
- Roberts meets with our Attendance and Tribal Liaisons twice a month to review attendance reports
- We make phone calls, home visits, send letters, and sometimes schedule CARE Team meetings to support attendance
- We have an Everyday Matters Classroom chart, when it’s filled up I will bring the classroom ice cream for a celebration
- We will also be giving out Attendance Award Certificates for students with 95% or better attendance at our Awards Assemblies
Everyday Matters at Sherwood.