Welcome to Sherwood Elementary School!
We are so proud to be Sherwood Spurs!
We serve 460 awesome students in first through fifth grades.
- All students deserve equitable access to a quality education.
- All students learn in different ways, at different rates.
- In a continuous school improvement process.
- Diversity adds value to our educational environment.
- A safe, caring and respectful environment where each person fells like they belong.
- High expectations for all.
- Each student reaching their maximum potential.
- Open, honest and timely communication.
Meet Bob Hempel Jr., Special Education Teacher at Sherwood Heights Elementary
Hempel spent his early years in the Pendleton area before moving to the west side, graduating from Ridgefield High School (WA). He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Washington State University in Humanities.
His previous teaching experience includes 14 years as a lead teacher for the Lewis-Clark Early Childhood Program in Lewiston, ID. Hempel spent the past 13 years serving as a Behavior Intervention Professional in Lewiston.
In his spare time, he enjoys cycling and training dogs.